Ana Maria Portela, Esquire, is a Partner with our firm, who represents clients in all areas of immigration law, including removal proceedings before the Immigration Court and before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS") on family-based petitions, applications for residency, asylum applications, and applications for citizenship. Ms. Portela also represents client with employment-based cases.
Ms. Portela earned her Juris Doctor from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami, with honors, and received a Bachelors in English from Florida International University, with honors. As a distinguished law student, Ms. Portela also served as both an Editor and Mentor of St. Thomas' Law Review, a prestigious legal scholarly journal. Ms. Portela is a native of Miami and is fluent in Spanish and English.
Ms. Portela joined Revilla Law Firm, P.A., to apply her experience and vast knowledge of immigration law and procedures to help those who wish to live and work in the United States. She believes in making the American Dream a reality for all of our clients.
She is a member of the Florida Bar Association and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), along with several other professional memberships.
- St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami Gardens, FL
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Dean's List
St. Thomas Law Review, Notes & Comments Editor (Fall 2013 & Spring 2014), Articles Editor (Spring 2013), & Mentor (Spring 2013)
Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Honor Society, President (Fall 2013 & Spring 2014) Immigration Clinic
- Florida International University Miami, FL
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Honors: Honors College Graduate Dean’s List
- Sigma Tau Delta, English Honor Society, Treasurer (Fall 2009 & Spring 2010) The National Scholars Honors Society
- The National Society of Collegiate Scholars Activities: The Beacon, Staff Writer
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association ("HNBA")
- American Immigration Law Association (AILA)