Finding out you’ve been denied a visa petition is frustrating — especially if you are unsure about what to do next. Visa petition denials are not uncommon, and it is your right to appeal the decision, but attempting an appeal on your own can be a daunting task.
While your best chance of receiving a favorable decision on your appeal is by hiring an experienced immigration attorney, there are some things you can do to help make the process go smoother.
Steps to Take When Appealing a Decision
Visa petition denials are not uncommon, and it can be frustrating when you are unsure about what to do next. While you do have the right to appeal the decision of a petition denial, it can be an arduous task to take this on by yourself. Your best chance of getting a favorable decision is to retain an immigration attorney. Here’s how you can help make the process go smoothly while working with your lawyer:
- Submit proof/documentation promptly. Your immigration attorney may request additional documents in your appeal case. Submitting the requested documentation in a timely manner is critical to the outcome of your appeal. Failure to provide any requested documentation could cost you a positive outcome.
- Stay organized. Keeping all documents related to your case in one place can help you supply any information at a moment’s notice.
Why Was Your Visa Denied?
Visa petitions and application are carefully examined and any discrepancies are flagged — which is why it’s important to ensure all paperwork is filled out correctly with the right information.
- Missing or incomplete information on the application
- Lack of supporting documents
- Misrepresentation or fraudulent information
- Public charge
- The applicant was not credible
It’s important to consult with an experienced immigration attorney to appeal a visa denial on your own. The laws are complicated and you want to ensure you are navigating the process correctly. Let our experienced immigration attorneys guide you through the process of your visa applications and appeals. Contact Revilla Law Firm, P.A. at 305-858-2323 for all your immigration needs.